Search This Blog

Sunday 20 November 2011

Are you feeling all Chrismassy yet???


Well just to put the records Straight! Er!!! Um!!! I Think!!!...


Jesus Birthday will be soon on the 25th December and who could forget that day he was born in a manger of a virgin... The wise men were directed by the star... They came bearing gifts... And then throughout his life he performed miracles, healed the sick and died for our sins, but then he rose from the dead in the springtime... Blah, blah blah...


Jesus



About 2000 years before Jesus, Mithra was believed to have been born on 25th December, and whose birth was witnessed by shepherds... and three wise men came bearing gifts for the child god... Followers believed Mithra was born of a virgin, and during his life, Mithra performed miracles, cured illnesses ans cast out demons... Mithra celebrated 'A Last Supper' with his 12 disciples then he ascended to Heaven for the spring Equinox around the 21st March... (I'm guessing he died first before going to Heaven)...


Mithra...



Meanwhile Budda was born of a virgin on 25th Dec announced by a 'Star'. He was attended by three wise men presenting costly gifts... (What is it with 'The Three Wise Men')? Gawd...He taught in temples at the age of 12, he healed the sick - Fed 500 from a small basket of cakes... (Basket Cases, more like). He walked on water, died on a cross, buried - rose again - ascended to Heaven, and will return to judge the dead...


Buddha...




That's not all!!!!!
Dionysus (Greek) Came BEFORE Jesus, happened to be born of a Virgin on the 25th December (No Way)! placed in a manger... Was a peripatetic teacher who performed miracles... Rose from the dead 25th March (Really)??? Called "King of Kings" and "Only Begotten Son" and "Savior" and "Redeemer"... (This is too much)!!!


Dionysus...



I think there was also:-
Krishna...
Osiris
Zoroaster...

You should look some of them up...

So Merry Mithrismas, or is it Merry Buddismas, oh no it's Merry Dionysusmas...

Oh heck... Happy Holiday... I'm celebrating the Winter Solstice... Yeah!!!


7 comments:

  1. this is incorrect. Buddha was none of these things, he was born to a minor royal family, was well educated, did not like the "system', sought alternatives, discovered answers, and travelled extensively teaching them, before he died "normally". I don't know of the others.
    I'm an atheist, but we need to get our facts right if we wish others to understand our beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an Asian Studies scholar I can confirm the Buddhist information is incorrect, in agreement with the above poster. Comparing the Christ story to the Horus story is quite enough, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anon... Much appreciated to get more stories... My point exactly... 'who knows' what we are reading the real truth, eh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the story, seen it before, but when I try to look up the facts (wiki and so on) none of them can be found.

    I'm an atheist, and there is so much to make fun about in religions that we can do without such made-up stories (no pun intended haha) like this

    Though I kind of like your responding (My point exactly...) I would love to read somewhere somehow some credits about this funny comparisons, I mean, if I look up 'Jesus' on a wiki I get the 'facts' right?!

    Anyway, best regards from Holland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bluberry... Hope we find more comparisons to laugh at, even if there's a grain of truth in them....
    There are also similarities of the Egyptian God Horus... To Jesus... Here is a link that tells us all about Horus...

    http://www.egyptianmyths.net/horus.htm

    ReplyDelete
  6. In 1986 i was praying to Jesus as i had this truth revealed to me some 6 years earlier.
    suddenly he appeared in front of me and said a few words and smiled at me. the thing that struck me about this encounter was that he smiled at me - thought he'd be grumpy or something about all my faults - the person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an auguement.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bewildered by false ego, strength, pride, lust and anger, the demons become envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is situated in their own bodies and in the bodies of others, and blaspheme against the real religion.

    BG 16.19: Those who are envious and mischievous, who are the lowest among men, I perpetually cast into the ocean of material existence, into various demoniac species of life.

    ReplyDelete